2/21 Tutorial for nugget purses
Posted: 21 Feb 2007 02:34 PM
I have created a slideshow for the steps so if you need to see what I did, you have a visual aid. :)
Nugget Purse directions-
1. Cut a piece of from a level one sheet that is 1 3/8" x 4 3/4".
2. Round the corners of one end of the paper.
3. Starting at the rounded end, score the piece at 3/4", 1", 2 1/4" and 3 1/4".
4. Trim 1/4" off the unscored end.
5. Add some adhesive to the thin scored section of the paper (between the 3/4" and 1" mark).
6. Attach the ribbon of your choice.
7. Pick a little decoration for the front that is about 1/2" wide. You could use stickease, a punched circle, whatever you want as long as you can put a brad through it in the last step. Center this on the purse front and gently attach it to the front with a little adhesive.
8. Using a 1/16" punch, punch a small hole in the center of the decoration making sure you go through the flap and front of the purse.
9. Put your Hersey's Nugget candy in the purse with a little adhesive.
10. Put a brad through the decoration on the front and use it to hold the purse together.
The picture is of the three purses I have done. They are each a little different and hopefully it will give you some ideas.
I am charging $3 for this workshop. The three dollars includes the supplies for the 12x12 layout, a second level one sheet to cut up, ribbon for two purses and one nugget box and six chocolates.