Sunday, October 26, 2008

Boo banner



I saw a picture of a felted wool BOO banner on twitter. It was so cute and very easy to copy. However, I know myself well enough to say that if I had gone to Ben Franklin and bought the felted wool to copy this, it never would have been made. I would have brought it home, maybe cut out the circles and ghosts and then lost interest. So I decided to make my BOO banner out of card stock.

The letters are traced from chipboard letters (from Close to My Heart) onto black card stock. The white paper is textured card stock (also from Close to My Heart) so it would still look a little like fabric. I stitched around the edges and made french knots for the eyes with black embroidery floss. The ribbon is from the Autumn Terracotta ribbon round (retiring soon so get yours asap).

Simpler. Easier. Faster. ;)

*This is a close up of the ghost. I just drew the ghost myself. No specific pattern...

No comments: