Saturday, February 06, 2010

A purple cow kind of day.

Obviously I'm in a Basic Grey/Doodle Factory mood lately. I just can't get enough! :)
This cow and saying are from the Country set. I paper pieced the cow and colored her spots, ears and udder with my copics. I'm lovin' how this turned out and might pull it from my Etsy store if I need a thank you card before it sells. :)



I woke up today and just felt like getting outside and doing something. It was in the mid 50s here, the sun was shining and it just smelled good and kinda springy outside. We loaded the kids into the van and headed over to the Market. We picked up a bunch of dollar bags at the #2 Arcade (yum!) and went over to Uli's sausage. If you've never been, you are really missing out. I think we've eaten almost every kind of sausage he makes and it is all incredible. I also got all my pictures done for my word of the year. I'm excited to get those developed and do something with them. We also took the kids over to the Bug Safari for one of our famous "Shirk Family Adventures". It was pretty interesting but tiny. Everyone seemed to have a good time, even Kait who wasn't thrilled with the idea said she had fun.
We decided it was too early to head home and went to the beach. It was so nice! They have huge fire pits there so Jason went and got some firewood and we grilled up a bunch of our sausage, some asparagus (this was one of the $1 bags at the arcade! woo hoo!) and roasted marsh mellows for dessert. It was a very nice, picture perfect day. :)

No comments: