Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Accordion card with gift cards!


Okay, okay. So technically it is Wednesday but only by 13 minutes here in Colorado!

This is a little accordion book that I made from Beate's tutorial on SCS. I adapted it a little bit by sliding the ribbon behind the front and back covers so that it expands and collapses a little more easily and looks nicer in my opinion.

When I saw this dot border from my Kitchen Sink Stamps set (Backgrounds and Borders), I saw little trees. I just masked my project so the last row of dots didn't show. I put a clear Sparkle (from Close To My Heart) on one of the trees to add a little bling and turn it into a Christmas tree. 'Tis the season is stamped there in the corner. The snow was made by swirling a thin layer of liquid applique and then heat setting it. I really wanted my little book to look like it had piping on it. So I ironed some Chocolate organdy that I had folded in half. I used O' So Sticky tape to attach the ribbon to the folded edge of the background and texture paper. Then I did some faux stitching with a brown journaling pen. The envelopes on the inside are made from templates created from those little manilla coin envelopes. Tomorrow's project (actually a second one today but I am calling it tomorrow) will also be using these little envelopes. The tabs on the gift card pockets say magazines, munchies, music and more. A great gift for any teenager! :)

I will check with SCS and ask if I can post my own instructions here for the accordion book. In the mean time, if you just can't wait to try it, you can go to www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/accordian.php

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! I also buy several smaller amount gift cards this is perfect!!
Dee