Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Something fun and springy

We have had a couple of nice days here in Washington.  We have been busy getting the garden ready for this years plants and doing a little landscaping.  Jon got us some jicama to use as a border for around the garden.  I can't wait for it to grow so I can eat some fresh.  :)  Jon is also picking up some hibiscus and kiwi.  Did you know that kiwi grows really well here?  I can't wait to come out to my yard and pick my very own kiwi...

Man!  I got totally off track!  Sorry about that!  :)
I haven't used this Basic Grey paper in forever.  I think it might be retired now.  I love it because it is very bright and flowery.
The stamp is from the new Cat's Pajamas release.  I just can't get enough of these!  I got some new Doodle Factory stamps last week and have plans to pick up some stamps from A Muse on Wednesday so keep an eye out for those projects!!!

I finally set up my sewing machine to sew on my cards.  I am a good seamstress so I think it is a little humorous that I am sewing on paper.  Normally this would be a big no no because it dulls my needles.  LOL

She is paper pieced and her wings have a little Sakura stardust sparkle.  I extended the stem a bit so it came out of the frame.  I think this adds a little visual interest and fun.  The little tag is from Martha Stewart.  This little package was very inexpensive and had a ton of tags in it.  I use them a lot and they were a great buy.





No comments: