Thursday, April 02, 2009

TCPTUES52- Froggy grills


Man!  This was a HARD challenge for me this week!  I think I cut up paper for 3 different cards...

I was at Ben Franklin today and saw this new Cosmo Cricket paper.  I had to have it!  In order to justify my purchase ;) I used my new paper on the card.

I am not sure what got into me either...  maybe  it was starting over so many times and then all my ideas crashed together...

Ideas-
1.  I love this BBQ stamp and have had it for a long but I don't think I've inked it before.  Isn't that tragic?!
2.  My Halloween stamp set was screaming to be used.  Why?  I don't know.  IRL, the frog had a wizard hat.  I chopped that off and gave him the chefs hat.  The smoke coming off the grill is also from that set.  It looks a little like heavy smoke.  I guess that's what happens when frogs cook.
3.  I wanted to make a masculine card.  The butterfly isn't exactly masculine though.  

I still like the card and the layout.  It is just wicked busy.  Here's a card tip- Decide on one idea and stick with it.  Otherwise you will have a Halloween birthday card made with girly paper.

Please come again.  The cards will get better.  I promise.

2 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

I adore this card! So imaginative.

toners said...

FAB job! I love your creation! Thank you so much for playing along with us for TCP Tuesday :)