Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting a jump on Christmas

My friend Sparkle told me about and idea she had back in January. Every week she has made 2 Christmas cards so that by December she has all her cards done. And she doesn't get bored with making the same thing over and over. I thought this was a GREAT idea and decided to try it.


Guess how many cards I've made? Maybe 5. :P

But I have renewed my commitment to get this done and get caught up. :)



Leigh O'Brien made a card identical to this (I just change the paper) last year and I loved it. I put it in my file of things to copy and here's my version.

I used Basic Grey's Wisteria. This isn't my favorite paper packet but I want to challenge myself. I think it works well for a Christmas card.

I shaded the gingerbread man (stamp and sentiment from the DoodleFactory) with a copic and made his frosting face and buttons white with a gel pen. He's popped up on pop dots for dimension (I love those things. I think I use them on every project.) Super simple but I love how it turned out.

No comments: